Snack Swaps for a Healthy 2021
A new year often means setting new health goals. While choosing to make healthier choices is a good idea, make sure that your healthy eating plan doesn’t feel so restrictive that you end up going back to your old habits in a day or two. Making small changes that last is a better idea in the long run.
One small step to healthier eating is by making smarter choices when you snack. Swapping one unhealthy snack a day for something nutritious can make a big difference over time. Here are a few ideas for wholesome snacks—and the good news is that these snacks are tasty and good for you.
- If you’re craving something sweet, instead of candy, try fruit with peanut butter chocolate cheesecake dip
- If you’re in the mood for cookies, try these chocolate granola bites instead
- If your sweet tooth craves ice cream, make a fruit and yogurt parfait instead
- If you want a sweet and salty snack (like trail mix with lots of add-ins), try a mix of dried fruit and nuts or seeds
- If you’re craving nachos, swap them for this healthy taco dip with tortilla chips
- If you’re in the mood for potato chips, swap them for this flavorful ranch chive popcorn
- If you want a crunchy snack like chips with dip, try a plate of veggies to dip in hummus or guacamole
Eating healthy doesn’t mean saying goodbye to snacking. Instead of taking food away from your current eating plan, think about ways you can add in healthy options. These snack swaps are delicious ways to eat healthier while still feeling satisfied.
Be sure to “Like” us on Facebook for more healthy living ideas and tips!