“Guilt free” frozen dessert recipe round-up
When the weather starts getting warmer, there is nothing like a frozen dessert to indulge your sweet tooth. To satisfy your cravings for hot weather treats all summer, try a healthier version of those popular freezer staples.
Here’s a round-up of “guilt free” frozen desserts to fulfill your summer cravings without spoiling your healthy eating plans.
- Frozen Yogurt Fruit Pops – you might not be able to convince your family that strawberries are a dessert-worthy food, but when they’re dipped in yogurt and sprinkled with pecans, they might just be convinced.
- Healthy Ice Cream – you won’t guess what the secret ingredient is to this smooth, rich-looking healthy ice cream (and no, it’s not bananas!).
- Cantaloupe Lime Sorbet – this fruity sorbet sounds like the perfect dessert for the hottest days of summer, and it’s healthy enough to eat every day!
- Greek Frozen Yogurt – frozen yogurt sometimes gets a bad rap for being ice cream’s less-delicious cousin, but this version is sweet, flavorful, and super quick to make.
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pops – this recipe combines two classic desserts—strawberry popsicles and cheesecake—into one healthy treat.
- Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie – made with fat free frozen whipped topping and reduced fat ice cream, this ice cream pie is the ultimate summer dessert.
- Greek Yogurt Fudge Pops – these rich, chocolatey popsicles are a healthy take on the nostalgic childhood dessert staple.
Try one of these healthy options when you’re in the mood for a satisfying treat on a hot day.