8 healthy chocolate desserts to make
Do you have a sweet tooth? No problem. It is possible to indulge a little without giving up your healthy eating habits. When you hear “chocolate dessert,” you may immediately assume it will be unhealthy, but that isn’t always the case.
Here are 8 healthy chocolate desserts to make.
- Paleo Chocolate Chunk Cookies – made with almond and coconut flours, and sweetened with coconut sugar, these cookies are paleo, gluten-free and grain-free.
- Mint Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies – these meringue cookies are light, airy, and low in calories.
- Fudge Brownies – sweetened with stevia, these brownies are indulgent, yet still health-conscious.
- Chocolate Zucchini Sprinkle Bundt Cake – the main ingredient in this cake is zucchini, but you would never know that by looking at it. It looks positively decadent!
- Chocolate Walnut Mug Cake – sometimes you just need a sweet treat but don’t have a lot of time. This cake-for-one (made with whole wheat flour and sweetened with stevia) bakes up in the microwave in less than a minute!
- Toasted Quinoa Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles – looking at these chocolate peanut butter truffles, you would never guess that the surprise ingredient is toasted quinoa, which adds both protein and crunch.
- Vegan Chocolate Pudding – made from tofu, this chocolate pudding is healthy enough to eat for breakfast, yet looks like a silky rich dessert.
- Red Chile Spiked Chocolate Mousse – this healthy chocolate mousse is given an unexpected kick with red chile powder.
Consider making one of these healthy chocolate desserts for your loved ones (or just yourself! We won’t judge), and enjoy indulging your sweet tooth without the guilt.